THE IMPACT OF CRISES ON THE ACTIVITIES OF INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS
The paper covers the employment of military forces in coping with the effects of crises, such as the current Covid-19 pandemic. The efficiency of the pandemic response has the potential to alter the potential of some countries, while in zones of conflict it can lead to escalation, as the focus of major powers has shifted to domestic crisis response, while elsewhere authoritarian regimes are likely to take advantage of the situation to consolidate their position
(1) Żarkowski P, Rules for the Use of Armed Forces in Peacekeeping Operations, Doctrina 2016, No. 12/25, p. 251
(2) F. Opillard, A. Palle, L. Michelis, "Discourse and Strategic Use of Armed Forces in France and Europe in COVID-19 Crisis. Hour. For econ. And Soc. Geog., 111: 239-259, 2020 https://doi.org/10J 111 / tesg.12451,
(3) How the COVID-19 crisis affected security aspects and defense in the EU. A brief description of the policy. PE 603.510 - July 2020. Available at: www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2020/603510/EXPO, BRI (2020) 603510 EN.pdf.
(4) Italian Ministry of Defense, Covid-19: Operation Igea della Difesa begins, 200 passes will carry out 30,000 swabs per day, October 30, 2020.
(5) Italian Ministry of Defense, Coronavirus Vaccine: Defense provides and will provide requested support, 2 December 2020
(6) German Ministry of Defense, COVID-19 Korzeororus 2019: Bundeswehr is part of the vaccination strategy, December 2, 2020.
(7) SACEUR highlights the COVID-19 Task Force. shape available at: https://shape.nato.int/saceur/saceur-remarks-on-covid19-task- strength.
(8) EEAS, Coronavirus: Task Force to Facilitate Information Sharing Between EU Armed Forces, 15 April 2020.
(9) NATO COVID-19 Military Medical Center, available at: https://www.coemed.org/resources/COVID19.
(10) Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Center (EADRCC), available at: www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics 117757.htm
(11) European Air Transport Command, Covid-19 update: Joint fleet against the virus through responsive and proactive up! Updated on November 6, 2020, available at: https://eatc-mil.com/post/covid-19-update-a-common-fleet-against-the-virus-through-a-responsive-and-proactive-support -update 06112020? search =% 3Cmark% 3Ecovid% 3C / mark% 3E
(12) NATO, Coronavirus: Alliance scientists respond to this challenge, 10 July 2020. Interview with BG Kowitz, director of MMCC / EMC November 23, 2020.
(13) See N. Popescu, How the coronavirus threatens a geopolitical Europe, European Council on Foreign Relations, March 30, 2020, www.ecfr.eu/article/commentary_how_the_coronavirus_threatens_a_geopolitical_europe.
(14) NATO's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Factsheet, NATO, May 2020, https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/2020/5/pdf/200525-factsheet-COVID-19_en.pdf
(15) N. Childs, Great-power competition and COVID-19, Military Balance Blog, International Institute for Strategic Studies, May 29, 2020, www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance/2020/05/great- power-competition-covid-19.
(16) A. Guterres, Opening remarks of the Secretary General's appeal for global ceasefire, March 23, 2020, www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/speeches/2020-03-23/secretary-general-appeal-for-global-ceasefire.
(17) F.Z. Brown, J. Blanc (eds.), Coronavirus in Conflict Zones: A Sobering Landscape, Carnegie Endowment for Inter-national Peace, April 14, 2020, https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/04/14/coronavirus-in-conflict-zones-so-bering-landscape-pub-81518.
(18) COVID-19 and Conflict: Seven Trends to Watch, Special Briefing No. 4, International Crisis Group, March 24, 2020, www.crisisgroup.org/global/sb4-covid-19-and-conflict-seven-trends-watch.
(19) D. Barrie, N. Childs, F. McGerty, Defense spending and plans: will the pandemic take its toll ?, Military Balance Blog, April 1, 2020, www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance / 2020/04 / defence-spending-coronavirus.
(20) M. Terlikowski, Letter of four on the future of European defense, "PISM Commentary" No. 35, June 2, 2020, www.pism.pl/publikacje/List_czworki_w_sprawie_przyszlosci_europejskiej_obronnosci.
(21) Secretary General launches NATO 2030 to make our strong Alliance even Stronger, NATO, June 8, 2020, www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_176193.htm.
© 2020 Security Science Journal. All rights reserved